Whether you’re in prison or not, you have rights, just like everyone else. All American citizens have basic rights and they don’t go away when the prison cell door closes. No matter how long you’re incarcerated, you will hold these rights. While you’re in jail you may not have the same rights as everyone else, but you do retain some basic rights that are protected under the U.S. Constitution.
Some of these rights include:
- – You have the right to due process, the right to administrative appeals, and a right of access to the parole process.
- – You are protected by the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment that protects against unequal treatment based on race, sex, and creed.
- – You are protected under the Model Sentencing and Corrections Act that states that a confined person has a protected interest in freedom from discrimination based on race, religion, national origin, or sex.
- – Inmates keep their First Amendment rights which are freedom of speech and religion as long as they don’t interfere with prison personnel or prison objectives such as preservation of order, discipline, and security.
- – You hold the Eighth Amendment rights that state that inmates are free from inhumane treatment or cruel and unusual punishment.
- – Inmates have the right to freedom from sexual harassment from guards, administration, and other inmates.
- – Inmates have a right to reasonable medical and mental health care.
- – You have the right to express complaints about conditions at the prison facility.
- – You have the right to assert your rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- – You have the right to a hearing if you are to be moved to a mental health facility.
Prison is a terrible place, and just because you committed a crime, it doesn’t mean that you’re not human and don’t deserve basic rights. If you or a loved one is in prison and these basic rights are being violated, speak to a lawyer as soon as possible.
At AAAA Discount Bail Bonds, we can get you or a loved one out of jail quickly and quietly. For a non-refundable 10% bond premium, you can get a bond that will allow you to be back home with your loved ones where you can begin to put your life back together again. Being stuck in jail awaiting your trial isn’t good for anyone. If you’re home, you can work to support your family and show the court that you can be a productive member of society.
The expert staff at AAAA Discount Bail Bonds treats all of our clients with the respect they deserve. We know it’s a difficult and confusing time and our bail bond agents will explain the process and get the ball rolling so you or your loved one can get out of jail and begin getting life back on track. Call AAAA Discount Bail Bonds today at (936)539-4444. We’re located in southeast Texas and we’re open 24/7 every day to help get you out of jail fast.